Can You Help Impact Millions of People in Just Two Days?
Everyone should have the opportunity to lead a long and healthy life. But for too many people, the choices that lead to good health are limited by who they are and where they live. To achieve health equity, we need to focus on removing obstacles that make good health unattainable, including lack of access to good jobs, education, housing, a safe environment, and quality health care.
Join the Institute for Alternative Futures, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and leaders representing health, business, non-profit, philanthropy, education, faith, housing and other sectors for a historic assembly at the University of Maryland, College Park to create and promote an action plan for achieving health equity and prosperity throughout the nation.
The Assembly for Health Equity and Prosperity will enable you to :
· Talk with leaders at every level (from community members to business executives to health health & faith leaders) in the largest common discourse on health equity and prosperity in the country.
· Be a part of building a movement that reaches five million Americans this year with a vision for health equity and prosperity and contribute to 100 million people living healthier lives by 2020.
· Take action so that everyone - no matter who they are or where they live - has the opportunity to reach their full health potential.
Participants will spark a larger national conversation through large and small group dialogue, interactive sessions, shared learning and action planning. This unique assembly is sponsored by RWJF in collaboration with the following partners.
Health Equity & Prosperity Project Partners
· Samueli Institute
· Institute for Healthcare Improvement
· Healthy Companies International
· National Collaborative for Health Equity
· Prevention Institute
· Community Initiatives
· Stanford Center for Population Health Sciences
· University of Maryland Center for Health Equity
· Health Advocates in Reach and Research
Go beyond the boundaries of your contact list and engage with new partners and champions to influence change and inspire others to take action so that all communities flourish.
Click here to register. Online registration will close at 11:59pm EST on Monday, August 1, 2016. Requests for campus accommodations will be collected / reserved via this online registration process. Reservations will only be accepted through 11:59pm EST on Thursday, July 28, 2016.